What is the Study of Words Called?

The study of words is called etymology. Etymologists don't just look at words though. They delve into the history of words, and find out when, where and how they were used and who made them up. You can find more information here: http://www.funtrivia.com/askft/Question71891.html
Copyright © 2014 Dictionary.com, LLC. All rights reserved.